Interior Design Technologist
We believe that beauty and function go hand in hand and that it takes an entire team of specialists to make a project exceptional.
Your passions are detail and precision and your speciality is the technical know-how to develop 70%+ of drawing requirements on your own initiative and the ability to then co-ordinate with senior staff and consultants on the remainder of project requirements.
The Interior Design Technologist role is the heart of our organization, providing a solid building science knowledge base and possessing an ability to collaborate with the design team to capture design intent and translate it into a comprehensive set of working drawings.
You are a team member with a positive attitude who is confident, focused, responsible and enthusiastic about learning and supporting your colleagues. You can work both independently and in a team environment.
- Participate and provide support in all phases of the design process from project conception through to working drawings, contract administration and project closeout
- Preparation of interior working drawings including plans, elevations, millwork sections, general details and schedules with rigorous attention to detail and accuracy following established office standards under tight deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of the Alberta Building Code; other Provincial code knowledge an asset
- Ability to create detailed site measurements and furniture inventory
- Ability to work on multiple commercial interior design projects simultaneously
- Prepare presentation boards and other presentation materials
- Coordinate with outside project consultants such as lighting, mechanical, electrical, structural, furniture, signage, etc. as necessary to complete a well-coordinated project
- The ability to manage priorities and conflicting deadlines when working on multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Current knowledge of building products and finish materials and ongoing maintenance of our interior design library
- Assemble, circulate, and file project documents
- Minimum of 3 years (after graduation) of Canadian industry experience using AutoCAD
- Degree or diploma in Interior Design, Architecture or Architectural Technology from an accredited program
- Proven ability using the current industry versions of AutoCAD, SketchUp, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite
- An interest/experience in Social Media is an asset
If the above sounds like you, please submit your resume and a sampling of your
favourite projects (drawings/renderings/photos with a description of the role
that you played in each) along with a short cover letter highlighting your
unique talents to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!